STEP 1: Complete the online application below.
STEP 2: Upload electronic versions of your photo ID and supporting documentation:
To qualify as a San Francisco resident, applicants must provide an electronic copy of the following documents:
- Government-issued Photo ID: For example valid, California State Driver’s License (“CDL”), California State Identification Card (“CID”), or other government-issued photo ID (ex: passport) – AND;
- Proof of Residency: You must also provide a utility bill evidencing proof of residency no older than 90 days. We only accept utility bills as proof of residency. An exception can be made for SF property owners. Please read below for additional details. If your utility bill does not match the address on your photo ID, you will need to provide a secondary utility bill with the same SF address to verify residency.
STEP 3: Once approved, you will be able to make online field reservations at the discounted SF resident rate. You may make reservations online via our website or call into our Permits & Reservations hotline at 415-831-5500.
For a status update on your SF Residency application, you can email Hector.Rivera@sfgov.org.
NOTE: Please anticipate a 3-5 day processing time for your SF Residency account approval. Thank you for your patience. You will NOT be able to make a reservation online or over the phone at the reduced rate until your SF Residency account is approved.
SF RESIDENCY ACCOUNT INFORMATION:
- Cost: Free. There is no fee to apply for a SF Residency account. You just need to provide your photo and supplemental documention as proof of residency. Once approved, you will be able to make walk-up athletic field reservations at the reduced SF resident rate of $35/hr. Our standard athletic field rate is $90/hr for nonresidents.
- Term: Your SF Residency status is good for 3 years from the date you are approved. You can renew your status using this same application.
- Purpose of SF Residency account – SF Residency accounts can be used to make walk-up (occasional) athletic field reservations at a reduced resident rate of $35/hr. Individuals that do not have the SF Residency status can still reserved fields but it will be at the nonresident rate of $92/hr.
RULES FOR OCCASIONAL/SINGLE-USE ATHLETIC FIELD RESERVATIONS
• Walk-up reservatons may not be used to run any league games or for private programming/training regardless if it is paid or unpaid. They are intended for recreational use between family and friends for occasional use only.
• Each SF Residency account is limited to one booking per week Monday thru Sunday. That means only either a 1-hr weeknight slot or a 2-hr (or 1-hr) weekend slot can be booked each week.
• We monitor our reservations closesly. If your bookings exceed the weekly limit allowed, your SF Residency status will be revoked immediately and all future bookings will be subject to our nonresident rate. Repeated violations will result in account suspension for a minimum of 1 year.
• Food is not allowed on our athletic fields.