Background: On June 11, 2020, the Health Officer for the City & County of San Francisco issued Health Order C19-07s Appendix C-1 to the Stay-Safe-At-Home Order authorizing and providing guidance for Outdoor Fitness Groups. The San Francisco Park Code Section 3.08 provides that : No person shall use any of the facilities or areas of any park for the purpose of providing instruction for compensation without first having obtained a permit, concession, license or lease from the Recreation and Park Commission.
The San Francisco Park Recreation and Park Department wishes to offer fitness studios that are closed the opportunity to reserve our outdoor spaces to hold regular classes at the same location, on the same day and at the same time at a significantly reduced cost. Please read below for details on our Large Group Training program. For info for Small Group Training (3 or less participants), please click here.
Current Covid-Specific Requirements As Determined by Health Department:
- No more than 25 people, NOT including the instructor(s), per class
- Social Distancing: Class participants must be 6 ft from each other and members of the public
- Must be 6 ft away from any public walkways
- No participants may be under the age of 18
- All participants must wear face coverings at all times
- All equipment must be cleaned and sanitized per health directives
- Contact sports are not allowed
General Rules and Requirements
- Impact on Other Park Users & Maintenance Staff
- Do not interfere with other park users or trigger complaints or permit will be suspended after one warning
- Must work around maintenance staff
- Equipment and Facility Use
- May not attach equipment to any SFRPD property (including trees)
- Overuse of Lawns: Move of activities to different areas to avoid too much wear in a particular area. Limit the use of a specific area of lawn no more than one day a week
- Nothing can be staked into grass or turf
- May not attach or erect signage
- Amplified Sound Prohibited
- No amplified sound/music or loud yelling
- Permittee must remove all trash completely off RPD property at the end of each session
- May Not Be Used to Provide Athletic Instruction
- No Assignment or Transferring of Reservation
- Must provide $1 million liability insurance listing the City as additionally insured on your policy
- Time Slots: Each slot will be for 2 hours.
- You will have the same location, on the same day at the same time.