The San Francisco Recreation and Park Department is pleased to offer spaces for adult large group outdoor fitness. Please read below for details about our Large Group Permit program. For more information about our Small Group License (3 or less participants), please click here.
General Rules and Requirements
- Impact on Other Park Users & Maintenance Staff
- Do not interfere with other park users or trigger complaints or permit will be suspended after one warning
- Must work around maintenance staff
- Equipment and Facility Use
- May not attach equipment to any SFRPD property (including trees)
- Overuse of Lawns: Move of activities to different areas to avoid too much wear in a particular area. Limit the use of a specific area of lawn no more than one day a week
- Nothing can be staked into grass or turf
- May not attach or erect signage
- No use of children’s play areas
- Amplified Sound Prohibited
- No amplified sound/music or loud yelling
- Permittee must remove all trash completely off RPD property at the end of each session
- May Not Be Used to Provide Athletic Instruction
- No Assignment or Transferring of Reservation
- Must provide $1 million liability insurance listing the City as additionally insured on your policy
- Time Slots: Each slot will be for 1 hour.
- You will have the same location, on the same day at the same time.