YOUTH AND ADULT SPORTS LEAGUES RETURN
PLEASE READ THE INFO ON THIS PAGE CAREFULLY
The SF Department of Public Health will allow adult outdoor sports programs to reopen subject to the following requirements:
Best Practices and General Requirements for Sports Programs
• Face Coverings - All participants, coaches, and referees are required to wear face coverings at all times. If someone wants to remove their mask to drink water or catch a breath, they will need to be 6 ft away from anyone else. If someone does not want to wear a mask, they should not register for league play.
• Participant Rules -
Youth - Youth Participants are limited to two OST programs in any 3-week period. Teams may not have guest players.
Adults - Adult Particpants are urged--but not required--to not participate in more than two sports program in any 3-week period. However adults participating in a high contact sport (such as soccer, basketball, rugby or football) are only allowed to participate in any other sports program. No guest players allowed.
• One Game Per Day - A team may compete with only one other team per day, and only one event (no double-headers)
• No Out-of-State Games or Tournaments
• Limited Spectators - For official league games, spectators are limited to 50.
• No Pre and Post-Game Gathering - Play and leave. Please also allot ample time for teams to vacate the field before next teams arrive. Avoid carpooling.
• Limit Sharing of Equipment - If equipment must be shared, hands should be sanitized prior and after touching. Program organizer must provide face coverings (if needed), hand sanitizer/handwashing stations, disinfectant and related cleaning supplies.
For full details on the health order, please refer directly to the sports directive here: