ADULT SPORTS LEAGUES RETURN
PLEASE READ THE INFO ON THIS PAGE CAREFULLY
On March 2, the SF Department of Public Health issued a new directive that will allow adult outdoor sports programs to reopen subject to the following requirements:
Best Practices and General Requirements for Sports Programs
• Face Coverings - All participants, coaches, and referees are required to wear face coverings at all times. If someone wants to remove their mask to drink water or catch a breath, they will need to be 6 ft away from anyone else. If someone does not want to wear a mask, they should not register for league play.
• Participant Rules - Participants are limited to one sports program (team and league) in any 3-week period. Teams are limited to 25 participants and may not have guest players.
• One Game Per Day - A team may compete with only one other team per day, and only one event (no double-headers)
• Keep Play Local - Teams may compete with other teams in SF or 3 adjacent counties only: Marin, Alameda, and San Mateo. Teams must not participate in any of out of state games or tournaments.
• No Spectators - Adult league games may have not have spectators.
• No Pre and Post-Game Gathering - Play and leave. Please also allot ample time for teams to vacate the field before next teams arrive. Avoid carpooling.
• Limit Sharing of Equipment - If equipment must be shared, hands should be sanitized prior and after touching. Program organizer must provide face coverings (if needed), hand sanitizer/handwashing stations, disinfectant and related cleaning supplies.