Supporting Young Professionals in our industry
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021
Recognizing that strong leaders drive the future of the produce and floral industry, the Tip Murphy Scholarship for Leadership Excellence supports young professionals in our industry by advancing their careers through the development of leadership skills.
The Tip Murphy Scholarship for Leadership Excellence was created in 2008 to honor the life and career of Tip Murphy, a beloved 15-year veteran of the produce industry. The scholarship covers the cost of airfare up to $700 and registration for one of Center for Growing Talent programs, including:
- Emerging Leaders Program
- Management Fundamentals Certificate Program
- Women’s Fresh Perspectives Conference
Who Should Apply?
Applicant must meet requirements:
- Meet any criteria established for the program or event selected
- Be willing to recruit future applicants for this scholarship opportunity
To be eligible, candidate must:
- Be employed in any segment of the produce and floral supply chain both at the time of the application and at the time of the chosen event
- Have been employed in the produce industry for a minimum of three (3) years
- Demonstrate character, leadership and a desire to make a meaningful contribution to the industry
- Agree to speak at CGT activities about the scholarship and development opportunity