Thank you for your interest in the California Youth Symphony! This is the Audition Waiting List Request Form. CYS will contact you and provide an invoice for the audition fee, should an opportunity arise.
The size and strength of our applicant pool precludes us from admitting all of the great applicants whom we envision thriving in our organization. Creating a waiting list allows us to select additional students who will compose our season roster, if space allows, following the May 15 registration deadline. After the May 15 registration deadline passes, we will evaluate the size and needs of each of our ensembles and see how we can meet those needs. We also encourage you to continue checking our website for specific openings that may become available.
WHAT TO DO WITH THIS FORM?
- Missed the application deadline? Complete this Audition Waiting List Request form.
- Submit your form.
CYS will contact you and provide an invoice for the audition fee, should an opportunity arise.
- STRINGS/WINDS/BRASS INSTRUMENTS: ALL VIDEO SUBMISSIONS ARE DUE BETWEEN APRIL 11 THROUGH APRIL 18
- PERCUSSION: LIVE auditions have been changed to April 18 and April 25.
The audition fee is $30.00 for each musician. The application fee is non-refundable and must accompany your application submission in order to complete your registration, in the event you have been contacted for an audition. Payments are now only processed through PayPal. To find out more about PayPal please click here. CYS no longer accepts mail-in check payments.
In the event you are contacted, you will be provided with a copy of your application along with an invoice for the application fee.
DATES TO REMEMBER FOR THE 2020-2021 SEASON:
- May 2 - Mailing of Audition Results via USPS
- May 15 - Registration and Payment deadline for the 2020-2021 Season