Thank you for your interest in the California Youth Symphony!
Entrance Auditions for CYS are open to students of high school age and younger as of September of the coming season. To request an entry audition for our 2019-2020 Season, please complete an Online Audition Registration Form. Each musician within a family will need to complete a separate form.
Please review the important Audition FAQs and Audition Requirements pages of our website prior to completing this Audition Registration form.
For CURRENT CYS Members, audition registration forms will be mailed to you via USPS. Please do not complete this online form.
- ORCHESTRAS (Strings & Harp Only - Advanced level) auditions will be held on
April 5, 6, 12 and 13.
- ORCHESTRAS & WIND SYMPYHONY (Wind & Brass Only - Advanced level) auditions will be held on March 30 and April 6.
- STRING ENSEMBLES (Beginning & Intermediate levels) auditions will be held on
March 30, April 6, and 13.
- WIND ENSEMBLES (Beginning & Intermediate levels) auditions will be held on
March 30 and April 6.
- PERCUSSION auditions will be held on April 7 and April 14.
The audition fee is $30.00 for each musician. The application fee is non-refundable and must accompany your application submission in order to complete your registration. Payments are now only processed through PayPal. To find out more about PayPal please click here. CYS no longer accepts mail-in check payments.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
- March 1, 2019 - Application Deadline (Application closes at 11:59PM PST)
- March 15, 2019 - Audition Appointments mailed via USPS
- May 2, 2019 - Audition Results mailed via USPS
If you have any changes or corrections to your application after you have completed your registration, please contact the CYS office by phone at 650-325-6666 or by email at CYSAuditions@cys.org with your request.