Guidelines for Requests:
Parents who desire an alternate exception to bus assignments specifically for the purpose of child care shall complete a Request for Alternate Bus Assignment Form. After conferring with the Supervisor of Transportation to assess the feasibility of the alternate assignment, the Principal shall be responsible for acting upon the request. In this regard, the following specific considerations shall be in effect:
- Long-term alternate bus arrangements shall be considered only for the purpose of child care and student employment.
- A change of bus assignment shall be granted on a regular basis for a period of no more than one academic year (or to the end of the school year).
- Each request is subject to space availability.
- Once given, permission will be rescinded should space be needed to accommodate new students living along the bus route. In that event, the last request granted will be the first to be rescinded.
- Students granted alternate bus arrangements shall use existing bus stops; no new stops shall be added nor established stops relocated. No bus shall be rerouted to accommodate an alternate bus assignment.
- No request for alternate bus assignment shall be granted which, in the opinion of school personnel, may in any way endanger the safety of the student.
- No request for alternate bus assignment shall be granted which causes the District to incur additional expense.
- All alternate bus requests must be resubmitted each year.
- Alternate Bus Requests submitted after August 15th have a processing time of two weeks.