Learn to Skate USA offers ongoing education for all class assistants, instructors and directors covering the Learn to Skate USA curriculum, teaching techniques, testing standards, class organization, safety/liability, parent education, special events, customer service and available resources.
Learn to Skate USA is offering one workshop in Hallowell:
August 24 8:30 am-2:30 pm The Art of Teaching: Designed for entry-level group instructors and seasoned professional instructors, this workshop covers core and advanced elements of group instruction, role as an instructor, lesson planning, skill development, teaching techniques and has an on-ice component. Remember to bring your skates.
Specific topics included at this workshop are :
- Information about the Learn to Skate USA program - available resources, instructional materials
- Instructional Elements- class orientation, skills, teaching tips, class organization/management, lesson plans and evaluation standards
- Methods to improve class engagement
- The use of technology to improve teaching and learning
- Compete USA & Excel
- Lesson planning, class design, and skill development
- Your role and responsibility in being an excellent group lesson instructor
- Working with parents
- PSA Credit will be given for the workshop
The fee for the workshop is $25.00/attendee.
Registration is required and closes on Friday, August 16 , 2019.
203 Whitten Rd
Hallowell, ME 04347
For additional workshop information contact:
Learn to Skate USA – Kimberly Hines
(877) 587-1400; email@example.com