GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
The Parent agrees that the Student may participate in all School activities in which the School permits the Student to participate, including classroom lectures, discussions, and other activities, and trips away from the School premises. It is understood that all activities of any nature carry certain elements of risk, many of which are not foreseeable. The possibility for injury, illness, or even death exists. By signing this contract, the Parent agrees not to hold
the School, its officers, directors, agents or employees responsible or liable for, or to make or bring any claim, demand, or action on account of any damage to personal property, personal injury, or death which may result from or relate to the Student's attendance at, participation in, and/or transportation to or from the School premises or any School activity, except to the extent arising from the School’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
The rules and regulations concerning Student or Parent conduct contained in any applicable student or parent handbook published by the School, as amended from time to time, are incorporated by reference in this Enrollment Contract. The handbooks contain detailed information including policies and requirements for which the Student and Parent are responsible. The School reserves the right to suspend, dismiss and expel the Student at any time if the Parent or Student breaches this Contract or if the Headmaster determines in their reasonable discretion that the Student’s progress, conduct, or influence on or off campus are not in keeping with the School’s standards or the best interests of other students. There will be no refund of paid enrollment fees where such enforced withdrawal occurs, and any unpaid balance is payable in full according to the payment schedule.
Acceptance of this Contract permits and licenses the School, without charge or royalty, to take photographs and make audio and video recordings of the Student and to use those photographs and recordings and the Student’s name in school publications, recordings and broadcasts, including but not limited to newsletters, brochures, and the School’s website.
The Parent and Student acknowledge and agree that extra-curricular activity participation (Including but not limited to drama, clubs and organization) is a privilege to be granted or withheld by the School in its discretion.
1. This Enrollment Contract represents the entire and integrated agreement between the School and the Parent and supersedes all prior negotiations, representations, or agreements, either written or oral.
2. This Enrollment Contract may be amended only by a written document signed by both the School and the Parent.
3. This Enrollment Contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia.
4. In the event that the facilities used by the School are unavailable due to destruction, partial or total, acts of God, strikes, action by governmental agencies, or for any other reason beyond the exclusive reasonable control of the School, the School shall have the right to terminate this Enrollment Contract. In such case, the School's sole and exclusive obligation shall be to refund, on a pro-rata basis, all monies not earned under this Enrollment Contract.
5. A waiver of any breach or default under the Enrollment Contract shall not constitute a continuing or further waiver of the same or any other breach or default hereunder. Every provision of this Enrollment Contract is intended to be severable, such that if any term or provision hereof is invalid for any reason whatsoever, that provision shall be severed and shall not affect the validity of the remainder of the Enrollment Contract.
6. The Parent understands that the School does not cover Student personal health needs (i.e. illness, sickness or injury).
7. Time is of the essence of this Contract.
8. Whenever it shall become necessary for the School to retain legal counsel to collect any unpaid amounts under this Enrollment Contract, the School shall be entitled to collect from the Parent its reasonable attorney’s fees, collection fees, and court costs related thereto.
Richards Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid program, and other school-administered programs.