Richards Academy (the “School”) and the Parent(s) or Guardian(s) (the “Parent”) of the enrolling student (the “Student”) who is (are) identified in the Enrollment Agreement hereby enter into this Enrollment Contract for the school term 2020/2021 subject to the terms and conditions outlined below. The School agrees to matriculate the Student in a program of academic instruction appropriate for the Student’s grade level, and the Parent agrees to pay the following tuition and fees. Each Parent is jointly and severally responsible for the financial and other obligations of this Contract.
TUITION FEES AND PAYMENT METHODS
The fees associated with attendance at the School fall into several categories as listed below.
$250 – K- 12thgrade
Due when application is submitted and will guarantee the student’s place in the classroom.
The Application Fee is non-refundable.
$250 – K- 12thgrades
*Book Fees must be paid by March 15th and are non-refundable after that date.
FUNDRAISER OPT OUT: The opt-out fee for fundraising is $100 annually. Please advise us during the first fundraiser if you will be opting out of fundrasing.
$100 For all Seniors – Due on or before February 15, 2021 - Pays for Cap, Gown, and diploma
DETENTION FEE:There will be a $25 Detention Fee for each detention served.
ON CAMPUS SUSPENSION FEE:There will be a $50 OCS Fee for each day of on campus suspension served.
WITHDRAWAL FEE:Refer to the Enrollment Contract under Financial Obligations
TUITION:Tuition is due on or before the 10thof each month
Kindergarten - 5th $5000.00 $500.00
Grades 6th-8th $5500.00 $550.00
Grades 9th-12th $5750.00 $5750.00
The maximum discount per year is 5% for one-time payments or sibling discounts. Not both.
For the 2020/2021 school year the School will have these payment options available for the tuition.
These options are:
1. Pay the balance in one full payment, due no later than July 1, 2020. Payment can be made by cash or check.
A 5% tuition discount will be allowed for all accounts on which tuition is paid in full prior to July 1, 2020.
2. Pay the balance in ten equal payments made on the 1st of each month from August 2020 through May 2021.
3. All payments will be on automatic withdrawal with a debit/credit card on file. You will be contacted by the Financial Secretary to make these arrangements.
FINANCIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LATE FEES AND CHARGES
All amounts past due are subject to a late fee of $20 per month. Late charges are calculated and billed on the 10th of the month, unless previous arrangements have been made. Any check returned is subject to a $20 processing charge. The parties intend that the foregoing fees are to compensate the School for the damages it will suffer from late payment, which are difficult to estimate with certainty, as liquidated damages and not as a penalty. When any portion of any account becomes greater than forty-five (45) days in arrears, the School may, in its sole discretion, deny class attendance and participation in other School activities. No report cards or transcripts will be released if any sums due Richards Academy for said student’s account are past due, and the school may revoke this contract.
The School hires faculty, purchases supplies, and makes other financial commitments on an annual basis determined largely by the strength of enrollment contracts. Any student, who withdraws at any time of the month, will be charged the tuition for the entire month.The student is not considered withdrawn until a four week notice is given. The obligation to pay the fees for the month as aforesaid shall constitute liquidated damages and not a penalty or forfeiture. School and Parent hereby agree that the actual damages for breach of the Enrollment Contract and Agreement are impossible to ascertain with certainty and that the amount described above is a reasonable estimate thereof. These rules, as governed by Board policy, apply regardless of the reason of cancellation, whether for absence, withdrawal, dismissal, or otherwise.
Students with outstanding account balances are not to be considered for re-enrollment until all accounts are paid in full. The School reserves the right to withhold grades, diplomas, and transcripts until all accounts are paid. By signing this Enrollment Contract, you are authorizing the school to withhold report cards and other records until tuition and other fees have been paid in full. In addition, the school reserves the right to deny class attendance and participation in other school activities.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
The Parent agrees that the Student may participate in all School activities in which the School permits the Student to participate, including classroom lectures, discussions, and other activities, and trips away from the School premises. It is understood that all activities of any nature carry certain elements of risk, many of which are not foreseeable. The possibility for injury, illness, or even death exists. By signing this contract, the Parent agrees not to hold
the School, its officers, directors, agents or employees responsible or liable for, or to make or bring any claim, demand, or action on account of any damage to personal property, personal injury, or death which may result from or relate to the Student's attendance at, participation in, and/or transportation to or from the School premises or any School activity, except to the extent arising from the School’s gross negligence or willful misconduct.
The rules and regulations concerning Student or Parent conduct contained in any applicable student or parent handbook published by the School, as amended from time to time, are incorporated by reference in this Enrollment Contract. The handbooks contain detailed information including policies and requirements for which the Student and Parent are responsible. The School reserves the right to suspend, dismiss and expel the Student at any time if the Parent or Student breaches this Contract or if the Headmaster determines in their reasonable discretion that the Student’s progress, conduct, or influence on or off campus are not in keeping with the School’s standards or the best interests of other students. There will be no refund of paid enrollment fees where such enforced withdrawal occurs, and any unpaid balance is payable in full according to the payment schedule.
Acceptance of this Contract permits and licenses the School, without charge or royalty, to take photographs and make audio and video recordings of the Student and to use those photographs and recordings and the Student’s name in school publications, recordings and broadcasts, including but not limited to newsletters, brochures, and the School’s website.
The Parent and Student acknowledge and agree that extra-curricular activity participation (Including but not limited to drama, clubs and organization) is a privilege to be granted or withheld by the School in its discretion.
1. This Enrollment Contract represents the entire and integrated agreement between the School and the Parent and supersedes all prior negotiations, representations, or agreements, either written or oral.
2. This Enrollment Contract may be amended only by a written document signed by both the School and the Parent.
3. This Enrollment Contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of Georgia.
4. In the event that the facilities used by the School are unavailable due to destruction, partial or total, acts of God, strikes, action by governmental agencies, or for any other reason beyond the exclusive reasonable control of the School, the School shall have the right to terminate this Enrollment Contract. In such case, the School's sole and exclusive obligation shall be to refund, on a pro-rata basis, all monies not earned under this Enrollment Contract.
5. A waiver of any breach or default under the Enrollment Contract shall not constitute a continuing or further waiver of the same or any other breach or default hereunder. Every provision of this Enrollment Contract is intended to be severable, such that if any term or provision hereof is invalid for any reason whatsoever, that provision shall be severed and shall not affect the validity of the remainder of the Enrollment Contract.
6. The Parent understands that the School does not cover Student personal health needs (i.e. illness, sickness or injury).
7. Time is of the essence of this Contract.
8. Whenever it shall become necessary for the School to retain legal counsel to collect any unpaid amounts under this Enrollment Contract, the School shall be entitled to collect from the Parent its reasonable attorney’s fees, collection fees, and court costs related thereto.
Richards Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid program, and other school-administered programs.