We are also recruiting skills-based mentors with experience in functional business areas who can help mentees with specific issues. For example, if you work in...1. Accounting and Finance: Help a mentee select or improve bookkeeping or inventory systems, or fine-tune an operating budget. Share experiences that will help mentee identify potential problems, such as embezzlement.
2. Human Resources: Guide the mentee on their employee search and selection process, or help to identify, through shared experiences, parameters around appropriate hiring strategies going forward.
3. Financial Resources: Share experiences of working with investors or lenders, or facilitate networking opportunities with known sources. Help mentee identify and prepare for opportunities for financing.
4. Strategy: Review the mentee's business plan and help to assess risks, share pointers for following and reaching the top of the market, and review their mission and vision with an eye toward avoiding pitfalls.
5. Marketing: Review and provide feedback on brand messaging, copywriting, or online marketing campaigns; or provide guidance for analyzing search engine optimization (SEO) results.
6. PR & Communications: Review and help strategize about the mentee's press kit, press release writing and distribution, or blog.
7. Social Media: Consult with the mentee on their social media strategy and give guidance on crisis issues, such as how to respond to negative reviews or comments.
8. Technology: Provide guidance and experience share on technology pitfalls and issues, such as customization of databases, hardware networking, or software choice.